Copying by using user-defined settings
Use the following procedure to change the settings for your copies.
To make copies by using settings other than the default settings
1. Place the original face-down on the scanner glass or face-up in the ADF.
On the touchscreen of the graphical display, do the following:
2. Touch Copy.
3. Touch Describe Original to view the options. You can select Basic options or
4. Touch the Basic items that describe your original. The following options are available:
Paper Size: Select the paper size of your original.
Page Orientation: Select Portrait or Landscape. For portrait orientation, the top of
the original document is along the short edge of the page. For landscape orientation,
the top of the original document is along the long edge of the page.
Number of Sides: Select 1 or 2.
Page Content: Select Text, Photo, or Mixed.
5. Touch the Advanced tab to change the Job Mode setting. If you are combining multiple
scans into a single job, select On. For more information, see
Using Job Mode
Basic copying instructions
6. After you make your selections, touch OK.
The page icon in the Original section of the graphical display shows a representative image
of the original document.
7. Make any necessary adjustments to the contrast and reduction or enlargement by using
the Contrast Control bar and the Reduce/Enlarge button in the image modification
section of the graphical display.
8. Touch Copy to view your options. You can select Basic options or Advanced options.
9. Touch the Basic items that describe the characteristics of the copies you are making.
The following options are available:
Size and Type: Select Auto (paper size is matched to original size), or the copy size
that you want. Be sure that you have loaded the correct paper size in the tray.
Number of Sides: Select 1-sided or 2-sided. (This option is available only when a
duplexer is installed.)
Back Side Orientation: Select Normal or Flip (applies when 2-sided copying is chosen).
Pages per sheet: Select 1, 2, 4, or Booklet.
If you select 4 pages per sheet, "Z" or "N" ordering is tailored to the page orientation,
and the option to put a border around each smaller page is displayed.
Borders: Select Border or No Border. This item is available only when printing multiple
pages on one sheet.
Staple: Stapling options depend on your output device and the paper size selected.
10. Touch the Advanced options, if necessary. Some of the options include the following
Collation: Select Collated or Uncollated.
Output Bin: Select the appropriate bin.
Job Storage: Select On to indicate that the copy job should be stored on the MFP
rather than printed. Select Off to copy the job normally. See
Creating a stored copy
for more information.
Enhance: Touch Sharpness or Background Removal.
Scale to Fit: Select On to automatically scale the copy to fit on the paper that is
loaded in the MFP.
The page icon in the Copy section of the graphical display shows a representative image of
11. After you make your selections, touch OK.
Chapter 4 Copying
12. Use the numeric keypad to type the number of copies, and then press