Installing the fax accessory
Use this procedure to install the analog fax accessory if it is not already installed.
1. Turn off the MFP, and disconnect all the cables.
2. Remove the output bin, the 3-bin mailbox, or the stapler/stacker.
3. At the back of the MFP, remove the formatter cover.
4. Remove the fax-accessory cover from the formatter. Insert a coin into the groove at the
top of the cover, and use it to pry the cover away from the formatter. Push the cover up
to remove it from the formatter.
Chapter 6 Faxing
5. Open the formatter door.
6. Remove the fax accessory from its antistatic pouch.
The fax accessory contains parts that are sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). When
removing the fax accessory from its antistatic pouch and while installing it, use static
protection, such as a grounding wrist strap that is connected to the metal frame of the MFP,
or touch the metal frame of the MFP with your other hand.
7. Align the two cutouts on the fax accessory with the two fax-accessory guides, and
carefully slide the fax accessory into the guides.
8. Push the fax accesssory into place, and make sure that the fax accessory is securely
connected to the formatter.
9. Close the formatter door.
10. Replace the formatter cover.
11. Reinstall the output bin, the 3-bin mailbox, or the stapler/stacker.
12. Reconnect all the cables, and turn on the MFP.