To print the calibration target
1. Place letter- or A4-size paper in tray 1, and adjust the side guides.
2. Touch DIAGNOSTICS
3. Touch CALIBRATE SCANNER.
4. Print the first pass of the calibration target.
5. Place the first pass of the calibration target in tray 1 so that the arrows are facing into the
6. Print the second pass. The final calibration target must look like the following figure.
If the calibration target does not look like the figure shown here, the calibration process will
fail and the quality of scans will be degraded. The black areas must extend completely to the
short edges of the page. If they do not, use a black marker to extend the black areas to the
edge of the page.
7. Place the calibration target face-up into the ADF, and adjust the side guides.
8. Touch Menu, touch DIAGNOSTICS, then touch CALIBRATE SCANNER.
9. After the calibration target has passed through the ADF once, reposition it in the ADF in
the opposite direction. After the second pass, the calibration is complete.
Chapter 9 Managing and maintaining the MFP