Changing an IP address
Use the following procedures if you need to change the product TCP/IP address.
To change an IP address by using HP Web Jetadmin
Open HP Web Jetadmin. Type the TCP/IP address in the Quick Device Search field and
click Go. At the top menu bar, follow this procedure for discovery options.
1. In the drop-down menu, click Devices.
2. In the drop-down menu, click New Devices. Click Go.
Chapter 9 Managing and maintaining the MFP
3. Click the column header of your choice (such as IP Address or Device Model) to arrange
the list of available devices in ascending or descending order.
4. Highlight the product to configure, and click Open Device.
5. From the sub-menu at the top of the HP Web Jetadmin screen, click Configuration.
6. Click the network link located on the left side of the configuration screen.
7. Type the new IP information. You might need to scroll down for more options.
8. Click Apply to save the settings.
9. Click the Refresh button located next to the question mark on the right side of the screen.
10. Verify the IP information by clicking Status Diagnostics or by printing a configuration
To change an IP address by using the embedded Web server
The MFP has an embedded Web server that can be used to modify the TCP/IP parameters.
To use the embedded Web server, the HP Jetdirect print server must have an IP address
already configured. On a network, this is done automatically during initial product installation.
1. In a supported Web browser, type the current IP address of the HP Jetdirect print server
as the URL. The Device Status page of the embedded Web server appears.
2. Click Networking. From this page, you can modify the MFP network configuration.
Configuring and verifying an IP address