Load staples if the printer control-panel display prompts you with a STAPLER LOW ON
STAPLES message (the stapler has fewer than 20 usable staples left) or a REPLACE
STAPLE CARTRIDGE message (the stapler is empty, or the remaining staples cannot be
You can specify whether the MFP stops printing when the staple cartridge is empty or if it
continues printing but does not staple the jobs. For more information, see
To configure the
MFP to stop or continue when the staple cartridge is empty
To load staples
1. Press and hold the release button on the top of the stapler/stacker. Pull the stapler/
stacker away from the MFP.
2. Open the staple-cartridge cover.
3. Grasp the green staple-cartridge handle and pull the old staple cartridge out of the
4. Insert the new staple cartridge into the stapler unit and push down on the green handle
until the unit snaps into place.
5. Close the staple-cartridge cover, and slide the stapler/stacker into the MFP.
Chapter 7 Optional output and input devices