The MFP scans both black-and-white and color originals. You can use default settings or
change the scanning preferences and file formats. The following are the default settings:
PDF (requires the recipient to have an Adobe Acrobat
viewer to view the e-mail
To send documents
1. Place the document face-down on the scanner glass or face-up in the ADF.
2. Touch E-MAIL.
3. If prompted, type your user name and password.
4. Complete the From:, To:, and Subject: fields. Complete the CC: and BCC: fields if
appropriate. Your user name or other default information might appear in the From:
field. If so, you might not be able to change it.
5. (Optional) Touch E-mail Settings and then touch Describe original to change the
default settings for the document that you are sending (for example, the document size).
If you are sending a double-sided document, you must describe the original as a two-
Chapter 5 Scanning and sending to e-mail
6. (Optional) Touch E-mail Settings to change the default settings for the scanned
document that you are creating (for example, to change the type of file format).
to begin sending.
8. The MFP prompts you to CONTINUE or to RESET.
CONTINUE: Retains all of the information that you just entered. You can easily send
another e-mail or fax that uses these settings.
RESET: Clears all the settings that you just entered. However, pressing RESET
does not cancel the e-mail or fax that you just sent.
9. When you are finished, remove the original document from the scanner glass or ADF.
Using the auto-complete function
When you type characters into the To:, CC:, or From: fields on the Send to E-mail screen,
the auto-complete function is activated. As you type the required address or name by using
the keyboard screen, the MFP automatically searches the address book list and completes
the address or name by using the first match. You can then select that name by touching
Enter, or continue typing the name until auto-complete finds the correct entry. If you type a
character that does not match any entry in the list, the auto-complete text is removed from
the display to indicate that you are typing an address that is not in the address book.