To repack the MFP
1. Remove and retain any DIMMs or flash memory cards that you have purchased and
installed in the printer. Do not remove the DIMM that came with the MFP. Also remove
the HP LaserJet analog fax accessory 300 and any EIO cards that are installed.
Static electricity can damage DIMMs. When handling DIMMs, either wear an antistatic wrist
strap, or frequently touch the surface of the DIMM antistatic package and then touch bare
metal on the printer. To remove the DIMMs, see
2. Remove and retain the print cartridge.
It is extremely important to remove the print cartridge before shipping the MFP. A print
cartridge that is left in the MFP during shipping will leak and entirely cover the MFP with toner.
To prevent damage to the print cartridge, avoid touching the roller on it, and store the print
cartridge in its original packing material or so that it is not exposed to light.
3. Lock the scanner lock.
4. Remove and retain the power cable, interface cable, and optional accessories.
5. If possible, include print samples and 50 to 100 sheets of paper or other print media that
did not print correctly.
6. Include a completed copy of the
Service information form
7. In the U.S., call HP Customer Care to request new packing material. In other areas, use
the original packing material, if possible. Hewlett-Packard recommends insuring the
equipment for shipment.
Appendix B Service and support