Clearing jams from the optional envelope-feeder area
This section applies only to jams that occur when you are using an optional envelope feeder.
To clear jams from the optional envelope feeder
1. Remove any envelopes that are loaded in the envelope feeder. Lower the envelope
weight and lift the tray extension up, to the closed position.
2. Press and hold the release button on the left side of the optional envelope feeder. Grasp
both sides of the optional envelope feeder and carefully pull it out of the MFP.
3. Slowly remove any jammed envelopes from the optional envelope feeder and from the
Chapter 10 Solving problems
4. Insert the optional envelope feeder into the printer until it locks into place. Pull gently on
the optional envelope feeder to be sure that it is securely in place.
5. Fold down the envelope-feeder tray. Lift the envelope weight.
6. Reload the envelopes, making sure that you push the bottom envelopes in slightly
farther than the top envelopes.
7. If a jam message persists, jammed media is still in the MFP. Look for the jam in another