Clearing jams from the tray 2, 3, 4, or 5 areas
Use this procedure to clear jams that occur in tray 2 or in the optional 500-sheet feeders.
To clear jams from tray 2, 3, 4, or 5
1. Pull the jam-access lever to open the jam-access cover.
2. Carefully pull out any jammed media from either the top or the bottom of the jam-access
Use an upward or downward pulling motion to avoid tearing the media and to prevent toner
from falling into the MFP.
3. Close the jam-access cover.
4. Slide the tray completely out of the MFP, and remove any damaged media from the tray.
5. Slide the tray into the MFP.
6. If a jam message persists, jammed media is still in the MFP. Look for the jam in another