1. Do not use paper that has already been run through the MFP.
2. Try using a different type of paper.
3. If you are copying, try using the BACKGROUND REMOVAL feature. See
4. Print a few more pages to see if the problem corrects itself.
5. Turn over the stack of paper in the tray. Also, try rotating the paper 180°.
6. Open the CONFIGURE DEVICE menu at the printer control panel. On the PRINT
QUALITY submenu, increase the TONER DENSITY setting. See
Print quality submenu
7. Make sure that the environmental specifications for the printer are being met. (See
8. Replace the print cartridge.
Chapter 10 Solving problems