1. Make sure that the type and quality of the paper you are using meet HP specifications.
Print media specifications
2. Make sure that the environmental specifications for the MFP are being met. (See
3. Turn over the stack of paper in the tray. Also, try rotating the paper 180°.
Correcting print-quality and copy-quality problems
4. Open the CONFIGURE DEVICE menu at the control panel. Open the PRINT QUALITY
submenu and change the TONER DENSITY setting. (See
Print quality submenu
5. Open the CONFIGURE DEVICE menu at the control panel. On the PRINT QUALITY
submenu, open OPTIMIZE and set LINE DETAIL=ON.