Setting custom paper sizes
When custom paper is loaded, size settings need to be selected in the program (the
preferred method), in the printer driver, or at the MFP control panel.
Load custom-size paper into tray 1 with the short edge feeding first.
Chapter 3 Printing
Load custom-size paper into tray 2 or the optional trays with the short edges at the left and
right (the long edges are at the front and back). Adjust the media guides so that they are
gently touching the media stack.
X dimension (short edge)
Y dimension (long edge)
If the settings are not available in your program, set the custom paper size at the MFP
To set custom paper sizes
1. Touch Menu.
2. Touch PAPER HANDLING.
3. Touch TRAY <N> SIZE (where N is the number of the tray).
4. Scroll to and touch CUSTOM.
5. Touch INCHES or MILLIMETERS. This selects the measurement units for determining
the size of your custom paper.
6. Use the numeric keypad to set the X dimension (the short edge of the paper). The
X dimension can range from 76 to 216 mm (3 to 8.5 inches).
7. Use the numeric keypad to set the Y dimension (the long edge of the paper). The
Y dimension can range from 127 to 356 mm (5 to 14 inches). For example, if the custom
paper is 203 x 254 mm, set X=203 mm and Y=254 mm.
Printing on special media